We stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, and especially those members of the healthcare and research professions.
We are dedicating a section of our website to signpost to relevant information and organisations offering practical support to researchers, scientists and their families in Ukraine and the wider region. We will aim to keep this as up to date as possible.
The following organisations are currently offering a range of support to scientists and researchers:
- Funding programmes and further support – Science for Ukraine
- Council for At-Risk Academics (Cara) provides urgently needed help to academics in immediate danger – Cara – a lifeline to academics at risk
- A list of life scientists across Europe and beyond offering to host Ukrainian researchers in their labs – Solidarity with Ukraine – EMBO
- Major initiatives and statements from organisations across Europe – Science Europe
- UK government’s response with £3 million package to support Ukrainian researchers at risk – GOV UK (news story) + GOV UK (press release)
- Researchers at Risk Fellowship Programme from The British Academy with Cara and with the support of the Academy of Medical Sciences, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society – Researchers at Risk Fellowship – The British Academy and The British Academy President’s statement on the Russian invasion of Ukraine