HDR UK Community Meetings
HDR UK is an institute without walls, that is committed to working in partnership at local, regional and national levels to deliver our mission of uniting the UK’s health data to improve lives. To help build these partnerships, and nurture a strong and collaborative community for health data research, we’re pleased to host nine HDR UK community meetings across the UK.
In preparation for the launch of HDR UK’s new five-year strategy in April 2023, the meetings aim to bring HDR UK colleagues and stakeholders in the health data research sector together in-person to:
- Build connections and grow the HDR UK network
- Identify challenges, opportunities and priorities across the health data research ecosystem that HDR UK can support
- Showcase work ongoing across HDR UK’s regional networks and consider how this should inform and support HDR UK’s future strategy.
Although in-person attendance is encouraged, there will be an option for attendees to join virtually.
Dates and locations
Sign up to register your interest in attending one or more of HDR UK’s community meetings. Please note future dates are subject to change – please sign up to receive more details on events of interest.
Mon 27 Mar 2023 — HDR UK Cambridge — Cambridge (agenda will be shared soon)
Register now Agenda
TBC — HDR UK Midlands —
TBC— HDR UK Northern Ireland — Belfast
What will the events cover
Meetings will be held over a half-day and include:
- Welcome buffet lunch
- Showcase of local work from HDR UK’s National Priorities, Capacity Building programmes, Hubs and other programmatic programmes
- Overview of HDR UK’s strategy for its second five years
- Discussion to explore how local skills and expertise can contribute to HDR UK’s vision, how integration across the UK-wide HDR UK community can be improved, and to identify priority opportunities to pursue additional leveraged investment.
Who should attend
Meetings are open to all members of the HDR UK community – including affiliated researchers, members of the Alliance, contributors to the HDR UK Innovation Gateway, HDR UK students and fellows, stakeholders from HDR UK-leveraged programmes, and public advisory board members.
All meetings will also be attended by HDR UK’s Director, Andrew Morris, and members of HDR UK’s leadership team.
Individuals who aren’t already part of the HDR UK community, but are working locally in the health data research sector, are also welcome – including NHS Trusts, research organisations, academia and local government.
Attendees are encouraged to join meetings across the HDR UK network, in addition to their local event, in order to build UK-wide connections and learn more about regional health data research work of interest.
Data Access and Discovery – March 2023
16 March 2023 at 11:00 am
Come along to our first Data Access and Discovery Webinar of 2023 as we explore some of the data services and expertise on offer from two Health Data Research Hubs: Discover-NOW and PIONEER. The...
BHF Data Science Centre March Webinar
15 March 2023 at 1:00 pm
Join us for our March webinar.
HDR UK Multi-omics Cohorts Consortium NIP Insight Sharing Day
23 February 2023 at 9:30 am
To conclude the HDR UK Multi-omics Cohorts Consortium National Implementation Project, a virtual insight sharing day will be held on Thursday 23rd February 2023, 09:30am – 12:30pm. This event is...