Delivered in partnership with the University of Birmingham and in collaboration with the PIONEER Data Hub, this course will enable graduates with advanced skills in mathematics and computational science to gain insight into key topics in health data science.
If you are considering a career in health data science, have recently transferred from another discipline or are already working in health data science but want to widen your knowledge, it is designed to provide a rapid introduction to key areas.
This course will be delivered by PIONEER, the Health Data Research Hub for Acute Care, led by the University of Birmingham and University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
This course is suitable for candidates who:
- Have a first degree in a quantitative discipline
- Are currently enrolled in a programme of advanced study (e.g. PhD or MRes), or have equivalent professional experience
- Have experience of programming in Python or R
- Have little or no prior experience in working with electronic health record data and systems
- Stipends are available to registered students with no other source of funding. These will cover the registration fee and travel/accommodation up to £500
- Travel/accommodation will be booked on your behalf by the University of Birmingham
- If you are applying for a stipend, you must complete the application form by 23:59 on Sunday 19 February.
Dates: Monday 27 to Friday 31 March 2023
Fee: £400 with a discounted rate of £250 for registered students
Deadline: 5 March
For full details click here.