- Pre-course introductory webinar – 3 weeks before course start
- Release of self-directed learning material – 3 weeks before course start
- Completion of self-directed learning material prior to day 1
- Workshop live session (day 1): 09:00-17:00
- Workshop live session (day 2): 09:00-17:00
- Workshop live session (day 3): 09:00-12:30
Get to grips with essential health data science programming skills and Agile principles
Learn the Agile and programming skills needed to conceptualise, create, test, and release a new health data science project. Discover and use the latest Health Information Engineering (HIE) tools in this expert-led online workshop series.
Pre-course webinar before the three Zoom workshop sessions.
“One of the most enjoyable courses I have done.”
- Intro webinar
- Zoom workshops
What you will learn
- Programming with Python, HTML, JS and CSS
- Data management
- Relational databases
- SQL queries
- Using Git for version control, including best practices
- Software testing
- Agile principles and the Scrum framework
How you will learn
- Webinar covering the fundamental principles
- Work in an Agile team over Zoom to build a full-stack data dashboard including unit testing
Who runs the workshop series?
- Dr Iliada Eleftheriou, a lecturer in Healthcare Sciences (University of Manchester)
- Dr Alan Davies, a senior lecturer in Health Data Sciences (University of Manchester)
Both Dr Eleftheriou and Dr Davies possess a wealth of knowledge and experience and are passionate about what HIE can achieve in improving health and care.
HIE is a rapidly evolving area at the forefront of advances in UK healthcare so this workshop is an opportunity to get up to speed as many more databases and data sources are becoming available.
“This is a really worthwhile and useful course which I thoroughly recommend.”
Attendees of the workshop will gain invaluable experience managing data and get to grips with relevant software engineering techniques. This workshop is ideal for anyone who wants to get involved with projects using data to improve care, and provides a platform for those who wish to develop a career in software engineering. The workshop will be run over Zoom.
The workshop is accredited by the Faculty of Clinical Informatics (FCI) for 15 CPD points.
Watch our introductory video to learn more about the workshop
Meet the speakers
BHF Data Science Centre Monthly Webinar – February
8 February 2023 at 1:00 pm
Online - details will be sent before the webinar
Join us at the BHF Data Science Centre lunchtime Webinar - February 8th 2023. 'Amplifying patient and public voices - sharing results from our cardiovascular research priorities survey.'
HDR UK bursaries for Oxford wearables machine learning course
12 March 2023 at 9:00 am
St Hilda's College, Cowley Pl , Oxford, OX4 1DY
Bursaries are being offered to early career scientists affiliated to members of the UK Health Data Research Alliance (the Alliance) for an immersive week-long course exploring Reproducible Machine...