This free online event, on 21 June, is open to students on an HDR UK Master’s degree course and participants of the HDR UK Black Internship Programme and Biomedical Vacation Scholarship. HDR UK Alumni and anyone who is interested in a career in health data science is also welcome to attend.
It features inspiring career talks with speakers working in health data science roles in the NHS, industry, HDR UK alumni and more – offering insights, tips and first-hand experience.
We will also be hearing from career experts on how to successfully launch your career after studying. There will also be plenty of opportunity for you to put questions to the team.
Sign up today and secure your place. See below for the agenda and to meet our speakers.
- 14:00: Welcome & introduction to HDR UK – Tim Frayling & Rhoswyn Walker (HDR UK)
- 14:10: Careers in the NHS – Zoe Turner & Sammi Rosser (NHS)
- 14:25: Q&A
- 14:30: Careers in industry – Kevin Pollock (Bristol-Myers Squibb), Richard Wyatt-Haines (HCI Digital) & Amanda Darekar (Pfizer)
- 14:45: Q&A
- 14:50: Break
- 15:00: HDR UK Alumni – Hansel Palencia (Davita), Eloise Withnell (PhD student), Steven Wambua (PhD student & BHF Data Science Centre)
- 15:20: Q&A
- 15:25: Career advice – Sarah Hodgkins (Career coach) & Tammy Palmer (HDR UK)
- 15:50: Q&A
- 15:55: Close – Tim Frayling (HDR UK)
Meet the speakers
BHF Data Science Centre January Webinar
18 January 2023 at 12:00 pm
Join us for the first monthly webinar of the year.
Experimental and Observational Methods for Health Data Science in Health Data Training
30 January 2023 at 12:00 am
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston.
An immersion week delivered as the first part of a series introducing graduates with advanced skills in mathematics and computational science to key health data science topics. Monday 30...
The Value of Metabolomic Biomarkers in UK Biobank – Molecular Insights and Health Screening Opportunities
9 December 2022 at 1:00 pm
While sharing the festive cheers we are very excited to restart HDR UK Cambridge Seminar Series in the new University of Cambridge Heart and Lung Research Institute (HLRI) located at the...