Applications are open
Team working is core to HDR UK’s mission. This award will celebrate collaborative endeavours by groups of researchers, innovators, technologists etc working together within HDR UK and beyond in health data science.
Teams working together on health data research are eligible. We define a team as three or more individuals working together, including researchers, scientists, technologists, triallists etc working as part of HDR UK or beyond.
The winning team will be selected by a high-level panel, with a background in team science. Their decision will be based on how the team has exemplified HDR UK’s values and/or how well the team work together. Shortlisted teams will be announced prior to the HDRUK Scientific Conference and the winner will be announced at the event itself.
We are looking for collaborative and productive teams with exemplary team-working characteristics. The selection panel will be looking for evidence of the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievements relating to the HDR UK mission of uniting health data to improve people’s lives
- Channelling HDR UK’s values (transparency, optimism, respect, courage and humility).
- Exemplary team-working characteristics and/or processes
- Coming through challenging times together
- Innovative and inclusive leadership, e.g. with respect to equality, inclusion and diversity
- Bringing together a highly-functional interdisciplinary and/or intersectoral team with complementary skills – demonstrating equal, inclusive and diverse membership (such as members from a range of career stages, geographies, etc.).
Alison Paprica, Vector Institute for AI (Chair)
Panel members will be announced once confirmed.
- Engraved glass trophy
- Award certificate
- 1 half-day professional training session of choice including consultation and follow-up with HDR UK’s Learning and Development Manager
- Featured case study professionally written and published on HDR UK website and promoted on HDR UK social media channels.
- Open for nominations and applications : 18 September 2023
- Deadline for nominations: 16 October 2023 at 17:00 BST
- Deadline for applications : 27 November 2023 at 17:00 GMT
- Shortlisted candidates announced: 26 January 2024
- Winner announced at HDR UK Scientific Conference in March 2024
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
HDR UK Annual Prizes
Each year, four annual prizes are awarded at HDR UK’s Scientific Conference which will take place in March 2024.
Impact of the year award
Applications are open We wish to award work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of health data. Nominate your own or someone else’s impact on clinical practice or...
Scientific Conference Lightning Talks
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN This high-profile session is back by popular demand. Speakers will be shortlisted by an independent panel and will be invited to provide a 4-minute lightning talk at the HDR...