Purpose of the post
HDR UK is seeking to appoint an experienced and hands-on Project Manager to deliver a vital UK-wide initiative that will build public trust and confidence in the use of data and statistics in research. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement at HDR UK, this new and pivotal role will work with the three lead organisations, HDR UK, Administrative Data Research UK and the Office for National Statistics and a growing number of partner organisations (including Ada Lovelace Institute, Cancer Research UK, and NHS England). The role will be key to supporting, and drawing on expertise of, organisations across the data research and statistics sector in the UK to embed meaningful public engagement and involvement in data research.
The Public Engagement in Data Research Initiative (PEDRI) has set up its approach and delivery plan until March 2023 and needs a skilled and collaborative Project Manager to drive delivery of this plan. The role holder will bring effective project management tools and skills to work with and support organisations, teams and senior leaders to deliver on objectives across communications, events and stakeholder involvement and engagement. Additionally, the postholder will have a central role in working across the data research and statistics ecosystem and drawing on expertise to enable shared knowledge and learning on best practice to involve and engage patients, the public and practitioners in data science.
The successful candidate will share HDR UK’s values, have strong collaboration skills, excellent communications skills, be comfortable with supporting multiple projects at pace in a complex organisation and demonstrate a clear willingness and passion to support organisations within the Initiative to trial, develop and deliver innovative approaches to engagement.
- Manage and deliver the detailed project plan for the Public Engagement in Data Research Initiative (PEDRI), reporting on progress, and highlighting key milestones and risks to key stakeholders
- Enable the Public Engagement in Data Research Initiative (PEDRI) Delivery Group to complete identified programme tasks to time and plan in new activities as appropriate
- Organise PEDRI meetings including the fortnightly Delivery Group meetings, quarterly workshops and ad-hoc working group meetings whilst ensuring agendas, meeting notes and actions are sent out in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate regular reports from different working groups and prepare relevant updates for onward communication
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Act as the ‘single point of contact’ for the Initiative across partner organisations ensuring they are kept updated, receive all information in a timely manner and that any issues are dealt with in a sensitive manner
- Support small working groups to develop full scale project plans and programme of activities, define outcomes, schedule project timelines, assign individual responsibilities and timescales and identify requirements including for wider stakeholder engagement
- Manage the development of reference communication materials such as standard presentation and comms decks
- Commission external suppliers to support delivery of the Initiative’s communications and/or events, managing relationships and project managing delivery to time and budget.
- Work with the PEDRI partners to develop and define best practice, and oversee the development of resources and materials that can be adapted and re-used
- Organise, co-ordinate and support high quality events to engage with a wide range of audiences, managing event logistics, evaluating effectiveness, providing follow-up communications and ensuring event outputs, impacts and learnings are disseminated widely
- Work with partner communications and engagement teams and commission suppliers to develop and implement high-quality channels and content for communication and collaboration, including the creation of a new website
- Maintain a calendar of communication, events and engagement activities, coordinated across partner organisations
- Working with PEDRI partners to horizon scan for opportunities to share successes that help raise the profile of the Initiative’s work
- Support the Initiative Co-Leads to onboard new partner members who wish to join the Public Engagement in Data Research Initiative
- Support with coordinating the involvement of key stakeholders throughout the programme
- Working with colleagues across partner organisations, maintain relevant media and communication contact lists in Hubspot (CRM)
- Work with senior leaders across the Initiative partner organisations to source and apply for further funding, being clear on resource requirements
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Recruitment@hdruk.ac.uk to talk with the appropriate member of the team.
How to apply: We use a recruitment process that is based on finding out more about the relevant skills and knowledge an applicant has and to help us with this we ask you 3 or 4 skills-based questions as part of the application process.
We will ask you to upload your CV and covering letter, please do this in one document, this will be anonymised and may be used to help us with our shortlisting.
- The closing date for this vacancy is midnight on Wednesday 25 May 2022
- Interviews are expected to take place, over zoom, on Tuesday 31 May 2022
To view the full job description for this role, including the full list of tasks, responsibilities and experience, please click the link below.
BHF Data Science Centre Research Project Manager
Applications close 12 June 2022
Purpose of the post The successful candidate will be a key member of the BHF Data Science Centre team and will work with stakeholders across academia, NHS, industry, the third sector and the...