The purpose of DARE UK
DARE UK aims to design and deliver a UK data research infrastructure that is joined-up, demonstrates trustworthiness and supports research at scale. DARE UK is a multi-phase programme, which was established by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). Phase 1: Design and Dialogue of DARE UK is being overseen by both Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) and Administrative Data Research UK (ADR UK).
Dare UK aims to:
- Design and deliver a novel and innovative UK-wide data research infrastructure, which is is joined-up, trustworthy and supports research at scale.
- Establish the next generation of Trusted Research Environments (TREs).
- Enable UK researchers and innovators to securely and efficiently harness the full power of data.
- Enable public research and analysis.
DARE UK phases
- Phase 1: Design and Dialogue (13 months, July 2021 – August 2022)
- Phase 2: Build, Test and Establish (12 months, September 2022 – August 2023)
- Phase 3: Deliver, Optimise and Federate (35 months, September 2023 – June 2026)