The purpose of DARE UK
DARE UK aims to design and deliver a UK data research infrastructure that is joined-up, demonstrates trustworthiness and supports research at scale. DARE UK is a multi-phase programme, which was established by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). Phase 1: Design and Dialogue of DARE UK is being led by Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) and ADR UK (Administrative Data Research UK).
Dare UK aims to:
- Design and deliver a novel and innovative UK-wide data research infrastructure, which is is joined-up, trustworthy and supports research at scale.
- Establish the next generation of Trusted Research Environments (TREs).
- Enable UK researchers and innovators to securely and efficiently harness the full power of data.
- Enable public research and analysis.
DARE UK phases
- Phase 1: Design and Dialogue (July 2021 – October 2023)
- Phase 2: Build, Test and Establish (dates TBC)
- Phase 3: Deliver, Optimise and Federate (dates TBC)